My research paper is heavily geared toward the health aspects involved with giving up meat as sustenance.
I plan on incorporating at least one or two sources to give some play to the ethical concerns, and in search of these, I found it difficult to find information that wasn't sourced from animal rights groups which have an agenda-driven interest in people becoming vegans for the groups' reasons. However I did find a phenomenal article on the BBC website, written from the vegetarian side of the argument, and giving asserted perspectives from deontological, utilitarian,consequentialist and virtue ethics.
The rub of it, there was absolutely no information that I could find about the author, when it was written, who to credit etc. It was just floating there.
Here's a link to it. It was a great read for anyone who enjoys philosophy and ethics.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/animals/using/eating_1.shtml
This is a very interesting blog as it gets into a very important issue, which is what is in the meat that we consume. If we are not the ones killing the animal and fine tuning the meat we should be concerned about what is being done to the meat before we get to it. Factories are built all over the world that process meat and implement different chemicals within the meat, with the purpose of enhancing it or just to simply make it taste a certain way. It is very important for us to find out what is happening to the meat.
ReplyDelete