Logical Banner

Logical Banner

Monday, June 16, 2014

And the Lord Said... "A-booga-booga-booga... Ah-ah-ah!"

I've finally figured out what my professors for this summer sesh want from me. They want me to bang my head against the wall until it loses its round shape, my mouth hangs open on the right side and dribbles, and so that I can no longer control my bodily functions in public. Kidding. That isn't what they want from me, but thankfully, I figured out  a sweet topic for my research paper.

I like, no, I love primates, apes, monkeys, whatever their distinctions or designations. They're hilarious. I've always had this fantasy of having a pet chimp; in fact Dane Cook stole part of it and put it on one of his albums. Since since I can't sue him, I might as well let whoever reads this in on it. I would have this pet chimp, and I'd dress him up in a little Karate uniform so we could fight. I would take him out and let him eat ice cream, and all the women we meet would fall in love with him, and thus they would also fall in love with me by proxy. God what a great little daydream. But through a clustering exercise an idea hit me, and by chasing a few leads on the internet, I learned that Dane Cook and I aren't the only ones who think primates are really cool. As it turns out, there are several cultures from different parts of the world that have worshipped our furry friends as deities (some still do). Archaeological excavations have proved that primate worship has been evident in at several ancient civilizations.

I'm still chasing down leads, but this promises to be a very interesting project. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment